To contact the Markham Senior’s Coalition, please complete this form.
Seniors’ and Family Caregivers’
Services Available in Markham
- Dial 211 on your phone! Ontario 211 is a free help line that connects you to community and social services in your area 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in over 150 languages. Find programs and services in your area. Website is: https://211ontario.ca
- Contact the York Regional Police Seniors Safety Officers for incidents specific to the Financial and Physical safety of seniors occurring in York Region at 1-866-876-5423 X 6697.
- Telehealth Ontario is a free, confidential service you call to get health advice or general health information from a registered nurse. They help you decide whether to care for yourself, make a doctor’s appointment, go to a clinic, or go to a hospital emergency room: 1-866-797-0000.
- Community Crisis Response Service is offered by York Support Services Network for York Region residents and families who experience a mental health crisis. Call them at 1-855-310-2673. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. www.yssn.ca
- Markham Public Library Community Support: How seniors and their family caregivers can learn about the many services offered in the areas of housing, health, long-term care in Markham and York Region. Main #: 905-513-7977. Website is www.markhampubliclibrary.ca.